Sunday, June 24, 2012

water is fun!

Last Wednesday Heart went on his first out trail ride. 

Kay, who lives down the road from our barn invited us to go trail riding with her. She took us to a gorgeous place called Sulfur Creek Trails. It is gorgeous! There's a bit of everything - flat, hills and water. 

Kay wanted to show the waterfall on the trails, but we just couldn't find it. We still got to play in the water. 

Heart wasn't very fond of water up until that day. So on the way back to the truck I made him walk through a puddle to get him used to it. He's always first on the trails, except when it comes to water. He will stop and let another horse walk through first. So this time I made him go through first. It took some time, but finally he gave in. When we came to the stream that we had to pass to get back he walked in first without much of a battle... Once in he discovered that water can be very much fun. Especially on hot days like that one. He stood in it for quite some time, splashing away with his front legs. It was so cute and Kay made a video of it! I don't have it yet, put once I get it I will try posting it here!

So, the video unfortunately got lost in the www, but here are some pictures:

Heart was paddling with his front leg like mad. I just tried to get my feet out of the way of the water and was fiddling with my cell at the same time to take some pictures of Kaye and her horse playing in the water.

Kaye and her sweet girl Envy playing in the water

No comments:

Post a Comment