Sunday, June 24, 2012

learning to fly

Today Debi Hornbaker and Sable picked us up to join in on a jumping lesson at Debi Crowleys Place. Except for trotting over our cavalettis Heart had never had a jumping lesson, so I was pretty excited about everything - what my big baby would think about the colorful poles and if he would get his feet sorted out.

Heart was great! He was full of energy. I think he likes this way more than the dull dressage arena ;) He did look at everything twice and and the first few crosses he almost came to a stop before jumping them and it will be some work until we go over the jumps smoothly, but for a first time lesson he was absolute fantastic! He's such a good boy and tries really hard to do everything right.

Debi gave us a very good lesson and I'm really looking forward to our next one... even though it is something to get used to having lessons at 96 Farenheit (35.5 Celsius)... maybe I should be glad we didn't have the lesson yesterday at a 100 Fahrenheit (37.7 Celsius) LOL. I also hope to find a jumping saddle that fits Heart soon, so I don't have to go on jumping in our dressage saddle.

getting ready. Heart was fidgeting bad. Never seen him with hat much energy :D

Hearts ride - my friend Debi's truck and trailer

Our instructor Debi (the other Debi LOL)

Debi and Debi... and Sable

look at that nice rear end!


first time approaching a cross. He wasn't sure what to make of it at all

first ever jump I

first ever jump II

help, mum, what's this? Is it going to jump at me? :D

ok, I'll try...
look at him fly!!! ;)


first ever Oxer

mum, this just isn't challenging at all. My front feet are down before my rear end leaves the ground LOL



No comments:

Post a Comment