Monday, April 9, 2012

Sweet, sweet company for Heart…


Shortly before I left for Germany Hearts barn mate Sable left for a stable with a sand arena and only a couple of days before I returned from Germany Hearts second barn mate Getane left to live in a place of his own with a new companion. At first Heart seemed to like the peace and quiet, but after a while he started feeling lonely. We could tell he was looking for company, since he started pacing up and down the fence where the neighbors ponies live. You can see him doing so on one of the last pictures I posted.

I didn’t like him doing that and it broke my Heart watching him, therefore Basti and I started looking for a way to find him company. We went through several options… 

…we saw a miniature donkey that we thought of getting. It was so small it could have taken shelter from sun and rain underneath Heart

…we thought of taking in a horse that would have been given to us for free, but weren’t sure how easily we would be able to find a new home for him, if were to go back to Germany

… we thought about asking our friend if we could bring him over to her barn with her horse, that had recently become a single horse, but we didn’t want to leave our barn, since our barn owners had been put a lot of new things in to make it better and better and we really liked being there

… we considered getting another Bits&Bytes Thoroughbred, that was selling for little money, but weren’t totally convinced

…and then, when we came home late a couple of days ago and I looked at a newly posted horse from Bits&Bytes I totally freaked. There right in front of me, looking at me via my laptop, was the horse I had always been dreaming of. A gorgeous, tall and athletic chestnut filly, with four white symmetrically high socks, a beautiful blaze and the very suitable name Mi Chabela, short BELLA.  She just caught my Heart right away. The only problem was to convince Basti, since I was sure they would be asking much more for Bella as we had planned on spending for a second horse.  But then Bella wasn’t just any horse ;)

Well long tale short… in the morning I called Elisabeth from Bits&Bytes and convinced Basti to get her. It all felt much too good to be true, like I was dreaming. We scheduled the vet check for Saturday which still made me a bit nervous… but she passed with flying colors. When I was talking to Dr. Cook on the phone, he said “Well, I can’t find anything wrong with this one”. That sentence will stick in my Head for a long time. It made me so happy!

Now I can’t wait for her to arrive here!












No comments:

Post a Comment