Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Bella gets her first regular shoes

Today Bella and Heart had a farrier appointment. I was a bit nervous about it for several reasons.

Becky had told me, that Bella tends to get a bit nervous when having the farrier work on her feet. So I wasn't sure how she would behave in a new environment and with new people... but she was perfect. Not one second, that she got scared or misbehaved. She stood so quietly that I even got to take a picture while holding her :)


Next was Heart. Peggy and I had taken off his shoes last week because his feet had started growing like mad all of a sudden and had began to grow over the shoes. Without shoes he was a bit sore on his feet and therefore didn't enjoy having any of them picked up. He had been a bit of a brat about it ever since we took the shoes of. But he was pretty good today. We just had to make sure we didn't keep any of the front ones up for too long at a time. He did fidget a bit, because he always tried to turn his head to see what our farrier Pistol was doing, but that was rather cute. He even tried sticking his head between his legs to get a glimpse at it. So I did have my hands full keeping him from pinching Pistol in the butt ;) and didn't get to take a picture of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment