Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Day III - farrier, rain and more ground work

So today for a long time it has not really stopped raining for the entire day... it's been poring down. Contrary to me my horses don't seem to care. I'd even say they like the rain :) I don't really like it and since I'm kind of sick already and the farrier had been here in the morning we didn't do much today. Pistol told me to give Heart three more days for his feet to heal, so he had another lazy wellness day with some grooming and a big portion of mash.... 

Bella wasn't quite as "lucky"... I took her into the arena for some more ground work. We've been working on longing the way I want her to for the last three days. It's getting better. She doesn't argue with me anymore every time I send her running in one direction. I think we only had about three unasked changes of direction today. It still looks anything but smooth, but we are getting there, step by step ;)


Bella soaked from the rain and still happily diving into the fresh grass

Heart, also soaked, but nothing will keep him from munching his favorite food - fresh grass

No comments:

Post a Comment