Monday, April 16, 2012

Bella's first day with us


When I came to the stall this morning for feeding time, Bella gave me a very loud greeting. After breakfast I led her around the smaller part of our pasture and then turned her loos. She ran up and down her pasture a couple of times and then stuck with Lori, our barn owner, and me at the top of the pasture, wandering around and taking a good look at everything while taking a nip at the grass every now and then. We had to walk down the pasture with her once more before she dared to investigate everything by herself. She is now also familiar with the hot wire.  We gave her two hours on the whole of the small pasture and then put up another fence across to limit the grass she could get at, but she seemed more interested in our mineral salt in the barn anyway... she has almost cleaned it up :D


In the evening I started her of with some ground work... she's quit the little diva, testing me... whenever I wanted her to circle me one way, she would try going the other way... if I had her going one way she would all of a sudden rear up and turn at the same time. Just like a bratty little kid. Like clockwork... if I wanted her to go left, she would try going right, if I asked her to go right, she would try going left :D It took me a bit to convince her who's the boss. She reminds me so much of my German mare. She has the same determination. It's going to be fun and I'm very excited to see how she's going to fight with, instead of against me, once we have grown into a team.



ups... a hot wire :D




somethings going to jump out and eat her any minute :D










I'm a brave girl... I can walk down to the end of the pasture by myself ;)

Bella on the left and Heart on the right... I hope they will be able to share the entire field soon

what's that silly fence doing there. that wasn't there earlier? how am I supposed to get at all that nice grass on the other side?

No comments:

Post a Comment