Monday, December 5, 2011

Finding a place to call home


I now had to find a place for him to go. With help of Elisabeth and Karin, a German riding instructor, whom the Miles and More Farm belongs to, I found a very sweet little barn, where he was shipped a couple of days later. I still wasn’t in the USA myself, so I was really worried about where he was going and how the people there would take care of him… Heart and I got very lucky!!! Lori, the barn owner, and Julie, who boards her horse there, pampered him from the first moment on. Once or twice a day I would get an e-mail about how he was doing. There would always be some funny line to it, like Hearts legs being longer than Julie tall. It made me smile all day… to understand you need to know Heart is only 4 years old, but already over 17 hands tall and all legs!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment