Thursday, December 8, 2011

Day III & Day IV - lazy bonding days

Day three and four were lazy days.

On day three I wasn’t able to go out to the barn, because I was not yet registered as a driver for our rental car and Basti came home from work to late to drive out in the evening with him.

Day four I finally got to drive the car and went to the barn, only to realize I had forgotten the key to the barn in my other pair of breeches at the hotel. Without getting at any tack, not even a halter, I was not able to do a lot. I went out on the field and tried doing some exercises with Heart. He really surprised me by doing everything very nicely. He backed up and followed me… he walked around me, while nicely crossing his hind legs… he’d turn his head right back to his but to get at a goody I was hold… everything without a halter, rope… nothing on him… He made me so proud! Later, while I was working on the field, cleaning it up he followed me around. Just like a puppy He’s just the cutest guy ever! Maybe the day was a flop, if I was expecting to get along with his training under the saddle, but it certainly was a very valuable bonding day! :)

I also tried to take some pictures of him and his friends. It turned out to be pretty difficult with him following my ever step. Still here they are. There’s also some of his two pasture buddies. Getanes and Sable the second OTTB.





stop taking pictures while I'm drinking!

I was trying to take a nice picture of him, but he kept following me close up, so this and the following are all I got...






itchy


No comments:

Post a Comment