Monday, April 15, 2013

settling in... sometimes isn't that easy...

Today is Bella's third day in Germany and I still can't believe she's here. Every time I go to the barn I have this huge grin on my face as soon as I see her. I just can't believe it's her standing in the field out there.

Bella seems to like our German grass. The little bit that is there for her to eat. Thanks to the long winter that lasted until a few days ago there's not much of it there yet. She seems relaxed out in the field nibbling away.

Other than the grass, she doesn't yet seem convinced of our hay and grains. She's not eating as much of it as we would like her to, for her to gain back weight. Our barn owner has tried mixing haylage into her hay and Bella does eat that much better, but I'm not a fan of it so I don't want it to be a permanent solution. I'm hoping she will start eating more as she settles down. Still, anybody any other ideas to get Bella more interested in her feed? Fortunately she does drink well and loves playing in her water trough in the field.:)

Today I put her in our indoor arena for her to stretch her legs... here's some pictures and a video :)

yummy grass! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment