Monday, September 10, 2012

new feet - new horse

When I told you about moving the horses I also told you about our farrier problems and their aftermaths concerning Heart. Well I am happy to say, that Heart seems to have made a full recovery. The difference it made in this horse is amazing. Where I used to have to push him he is now full of energy.

Yesterday we did a couple of small jumps for the first time in a long time and he really seemed to enjoy it. No stopping or hesitating or trying to outrun the jumps. Instead he pulled toward anything he thought we might be heading for, even if that something was a four foot jump, which we certainly will not be going for within the next couple of days;)

Heart gives you the most incredible feeling during the jump. He is one of those Horses who really make it easy on the rider. I have to force myself to stop again once we start jumping *g*

No comments:

Post a Comment